Monday, June 3, 2013

The Unexpected Reader

One odd thing about being an author is never quite knowing exactly how your books are striking people, but once in a while you find something marvelous. A woman named Ruth wrote a wonderful review of my first (out-of-print) novel Frozen Music, and I wrote to her to ask how she even found it? This was her response:

"I found Frozen Music at a Barnes & Noble store in Toledo, Ohio back around 1996 just before New Years. They had autographed copies on display and the title sparked my interest, so I thought I'd give it a read.

I was a senior in High School that first time reading it. I enjoyed it so much that I read it once a year for four or five years. The binding on that first copy eventually started falling apart and I bought a second copy (also autographed) on Amazon about six years ago."

Ruth

Needless to say, she has made my month.

No comments: